Friday, March 13, 2009

Incredible Seminar

Today I had an incredible seminar. I had the Seminar at the Joan A. Male Family Support Center. Before going I had asked what the main concern would possibly be that I might want to discuss during the seminar on self-defense. The main concern was that most of the workers were needing to go into neighborhoods that weren't always safe.

I will post the comments that I received today on my other blog Seminar Comments

I addressed that concern through 1) being aware of ones environment, 2) listening to the inner voice, 3)de-escalating a situation, 4) planning an alternative means by which they visited their clients, 5) basic physical self defense moves, 6)teaching them that they had the right to defend themselves and never to give up.

Today was a great networking seminar also. One of the participants is going to call me to set up another seminar to give to a group of teen age girls. The director also spoke to me about a larger organization that their organization is a part of. She told me that when I was ready to sell my seminars that I should tell her because that larger organization pays for presenters to give seminars on a number of topics. She told me that I should keep in contact with her about the future seminar topics so she could tell the other organization---she would sell me to them.